Sky picture freeze..............

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
A while ago there was some good advice on how to deal with picture freeze that occasionally happens when changing channel on Sky.

Not been able to find the info.........................can some body help out there?

One was rebuilding the Planner (sounded complicated) and the other was some sequence of entering the remote button sequence.

Advice on both would be appreciated

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I am also experiencing the same issue.
BN.gif

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
fayeanddavid:
A while ago there was some good advice on how to deal with picture freeze that occasionally happens when changing channel on Sky.

Not been able to find the info.........................can some body help out there?

One was rebuilding the Planner (sounded complicated) and the other was some sequence of entering the remote button sequence.

Advice on both would be appreciated

Thanks

Anybody....................pleeeez!

A

Anonymous

If its in warranty then call out sky, check all your connections, when the picture freezes go to the signal strength page and check all is ok, mine keeped saying not locked. if its the tompson box then open the box up and on the power supply unit, check the caps to see if they are leaking or bulging if so than the psu is on the way out. google satcure for how to fix the problem.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have had this happen many times. I am now on my fourth sky hd box. Contact sky and ask them to fix it. Do not pay any money for the service. They will give you a new sky box if you threaten to leave sky. Its a known fault they will replace your box if you are firm. The sky boxes are made to a price, they want you to take a maintenance contract don't do it. They will replace rather than lose a customer. The freezing will only get more frequent, insist on a new box.

I have just switched to Virgin due to the inflated cost of Sky.

Cheers........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts