admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
At the moment i have Sky+ but on the 6th Jan im going HD, i was wondering what is the best way to hook it all together, at the moment my set up is:

BD <--hdmi--> Home cinema

Sky+ <--scart--> TV

Sky+ <--optical--> home cinema

home cinema <--hdmi--> TV,

I was wondering when i set up my Sky+ HD is it best to go straigh to the home cinema with a HDMI & Optical cable or straight into the tv with the same cables

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew, I hope to u/g from Sky+ to HD shortly. Is there a reason why you favour the direct connection between Sky box and TV rather than via the AV receiver? I have a Panasonic 42PZ80 and Yamaha 863SE combined with PS3 and had previously been advised to route everything via the Yamaha then have a single hdmi output to the TV.

Thanks.

Ian

STiLtd

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
That was pretty much my question (on another post).....whether to upgrade to the 863 purely so I could do HDMI switching (and what advantages there were from that)?

I've got an old Yamaha RVX/RXV(?) 1000 which I'm happy to keep using if the only advantage is that the 863 does video switching and upscaling. Otherwise, I reckon it's just as easy to feed the screen directly from SkyHD box and Blu-Ray player (via HDMI) and feed the sound from both of those to the Yamaha.

Thoughts anyone?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
If you want to watch TV without switching on your amp, you need to connect the Sky box to the TV. ÿThe HDMI lead will provide picture and stereo sound. ÿIf that isn't an issue, it makes much more sense from a convenience point of view to connect the Sky box to the amp (along with the other inputs) and send everything to the TV via one HDMI cable. ÿA further enhancement (which I would heartily recommend) is to then invest in a Harmony One remote to control everything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts