Sky HD+ - Will the optical cable work in conjuction with HDMI ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have just bought myself an HD TV (Panasonic TX32LZD85) plus home cinema kit.

I have a panasonic Sky + box which I have connected to the TV by SCART on AV1 and the optical cable to the home cinema also Panasonic.

Having had a CRT TV perviously I feel the picture quality from the TV is not so sharp as I expected so consequently am considering upgrading to HD + Sky box.

Can I have the same configuration as above but obviously connecting SKY to TV with HDMI ?

I see in other threds that the HDMI sound cuts out the optical or have I misunderstood?

Also, which is the best brand / model HD+ box to buy on ebay?

Many thanks for your help

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
BEERALONE:
Hi

I have just bought myself an HD TV (Panasonic TX32LZD85) plus home cinema kit.

I have a panasonic Sky + box which I have connected to the TV by SCART on AV1 and the optical cable to the home cinema also Panasonic.

Having had a CRT TV perviously I feel the picture quality from the TV is not so sharp as I expected so consequently am considering upgrading to HD + Sky box.

Can I have the same configuration as above but obviously connecting SKY to TV with HDMI ?

I see in other threds that the HDMI sound cuts out the optical or have I misunderstood?

Also, which is the best brand / model HD+ box to buy on ebay?

Many thanks for your help

Yes, you can have the same configuration and if you get one of the new Samsung or Pace boxes, you will have a choice of coaxial or optical for your audio connection. The HD box is a big step up in picture quality too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts