sky hd problem with pioneer vsx-921

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
hi there a friend of mine had a pioneer vsx920 and it went faulty so richer sounds have replaced it great and its a new 921.

i took the cables out and rewired the new amp the sound but on sky there is no dd 5.1 until i remove the hdmi i cant seem to get the amp to select sound from the optical and video from hdmi. it worked on the last one do i have to do something differant on this one.

he has all his cables chopped into the wall so i cant even tell just to run a hdmi to tv.

michael hoy

If it is the same menu as my 85, you need to go into the input setup and choose the optical or Coaxial input that you have plugged the cable into at the rear of the amp.

On the remote there may be an option for signal select, whilst watching a Sky channel with DD press the signal select button and choose digital.

It will show you in the manual where the sig select button is.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
may be a silly question to ask and I am sure you checked this. But have you selected a channel that is broadcasting in 5.1? Not all sky channels do.

Other than that you may want to call the manufacturer to see if its a fault.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
phoned pioneer and you have to hold down 4 and menu and it brings up a hdmi takeover menu and disable it. not in the book but its done for a free phone number as well so thumbs up to pioneer. im a denon user but impressed with pioneer customer service

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts