Sky HD picture interference through receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver. I am having problems with intermittent picture interference when using my Sky HD box linked through the receiver (television is a Samsung LE40-656A). I have tried this configuration with various HDMI cables including 2 high quality IXOS and QED cables. The interference is in the form of highly noticeable horizontal white lines that can cause the picture to jump or even lose the image altogether however when connecting the Sky box directly to the television I have no such problems, similarly I have had no interference problems with my other HD devices connected through the receiver. I have tried the Sky box through several of the receiver inputs, any advice on what is causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

A

Anonymous

Hi,

That doesn't sound normal at all. I've got the Z7 (similar video section) and haven't seen anything like that. Try installing the latest firmware. You'll find it on Yamaha's web site. ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I've updated to the latest firmware (v1.07) but to no avail - still have large amounts of interference only with Sky HD and only through the receiver. The best way I can describe it is it's like the sort of interference you might get when you have a mobile phone interfering with the image (and I don't have my mobile anywhere near!). It's also intermittent; I can sometimes watch it for several hours without interference, other times I have the interference constantly to the point where the processing circuitry fails and I lose the picture.

A

Anonymous

If you have recently purchased your amp then i think you need to take it back or give Yamaha uk service agents a call.

One more thing i could think of would be to make sure your video circuits hdmi is set to through on your amp and try setting your sky hd to output 1080i , 720p then automatic and even do a power down on your sky box by unplugging it from the mains and then reconnecting it after a minute or so. It may take two or more so minutes for your sky box to boot up though.

Strictly speaking, setting your amps hdmi to through, should have no interference on the skys signal path in my opinion and therefore you should not have the problems you have.

Give it a go anyway but i do think you have an amp fault.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice. I had a look at the HDMI -> HDMI in the setup -> video menu, and was set to "Through" (default). I changed this to "processing" for experimentation, and found that this has cured the interference. I am guessing either there was some interference in the signal from the Sky box (it's a very noisy signal on my screen anyway so I'm guessing it's pretty weak) or there could have been a battle between my TV and Receiver processing and upscaling. In any case, engaging the full processing on the Receiver appears to have cured the problem. Many thanks for your advice!

TRENDING THREADS