SKY+ HD - is it worth it?

EarsEarsEars

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
As it says, really. Interested in knowing whether people think an extra tenner a month (plus set up) is worth it for the added viewing experience, whatever that is
emotion-1.gif

Lets say I have, roughly, a tenner a week which I will spend just on music or blu-ray or whatever, do you think it is worth losing a quarter(ish) of that to upgrade the Sky setup from my current Sky+?

Cheers

Ears

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Quite simply, yes. Sky offers by far the best range of high-definition programming at the moment, and if you have the right kit, the improvement will be a treat. I speak as a (somewhat frustrated!) Virgin Media customer.

The only caveat is that some people seem to be having problems with their Sky+ HD boxes, as you'll read here.

A

Anonymous

I would say a definite yes. I have had one of the original boxes since it's incarnation and I don't think there is any way that I could do without it now.

Even my wife, who takes a hell of a lot of convincing by me to part with cash, would agree.ÿ

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
I suppose that the answer really depends on how much TV you watch and what you watch. If you're into sport in a big way, then yes, but if you're just into soaps and the odd movie, then maybe not.

I have a SKY HD box, but I do not subscribe to the HD channels. There are two reasons for this, firstly I have a Pioneer TV which has excellent PQ and secondly with two young daughters, I wanted the bigger hard drive for all of the childrens programs that we have on series link (the bonus is that I get the BBC HD, Channel 4 HD, ITV HD etc all as standard).

A

Anonymous

Worth every penny-especially if you watch a lot of sports-Heineken cup in HD is awesome!

A

Anonymous

To echo other peoples thoughts, if you watch any amount of Sports & Movies then YES!

Not only is there a definate improvement when you compare the HD to SD footage, but, (in my opinion,) the HD box has also given me a much better SD signal (prob due to the fact its now sending signal via HDMI rather than Scart from my old Sky + box)ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts