Sky+ HD HDMI switching

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Had Sky+ HD installed (upgrade from Sky+) yesterday, very impressed with the quality, only 'want' is for it to do HDMI switching.

Sky box is plugged into my Sony amp (STR-DA2400ES) via HDMI but the amp doesn't detect when it's switched on so I have to manually switch to the right imput on the amp, not a great hardship I know but I've got used to the amp detecting my Blu-Ray player being turned on and switching the imput. Can't see any settings on the Sky box for this so presumably it's just not there, or am I missing something?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sony BD player? If so, the auto-switching is something called Bravia Sync working. If it's another brand, then it's an example of the HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) system working as it should, across brands.

Sky+HD doesn't do HDMI CEC...

A

Anonymous

Yes, Sony BD in this case but I've had it working with a non-Sony player too so that must have been CEC compliant too

Thanks for the info, I wonder if Sky have any plans to implement HDMI CEC in the future? Right after 5.1 Audio over HDMI I supect....
emotion-43.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, sometimes HDMI CEC works between brands - as it should - but it's usually a fluke rather than something to be relied on.

Re Sky, don't hold your breath...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts