Sky HD Box - Now I have 2

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Long story short, I will shortly be in possession of a new Sky HD, therefore I will have 2. Is there anything I can do with the existing one in my home? It won't have a viewing card as I only have one. I have a tv in another room which my current Sky box feeds via RF out/magic eye. I think it's redundant unless I take out a £10 per month Sky 2nd room subscription, am I right?

daveh75

You could use it to receive the FTA (Free To Air) channels,though obviously you'd need to run extra feed(s) to it from the dish/LNB...

Without card/subs you wouldn't be able to use any of the '+' features,though.

A

Anonymous

As an aside, could my sister just swap an HD box for a non-HD and receive FTA HD channels using their existing dish?

Cheers, sorry to slightly hijack.....

daveh75

Graham_Thomas:As an aside, could my sister just swap an HD box for a non-HD and receive FTA HD channels using their existing dish? Yes.

Though does she currently have a standard Sky digibox(single tuner) or Sky+ box and does she subscribe to any 'packs'?

A

Anonymous

Dave, currently has a non + Sky box and subscribes to the minimum package I think.

Cheers.

daveh75

In which case i'd advise an LNB change (from a single to quad) and a second feed run, as she'd then be able to make use of the full '+' functionality, i.e recording one channel while watching another, live pause/rewind etc.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again Dave. Hope Sky pay you for all this out of hours advice!

emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Well, I and many others definitely appreciate it if that means anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts