SKY HD box lost recordings

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I had the full 2nd season of Boardwalk Empire as well as quite a few episodes of LA ink and NY ink recorded but they have now disappeared. Is there anything I can do with my box to get the programs back?

Also another issue I get fairly reguarly is "fault 7" error message (signal) with some recorded programs, it usually records the full program but you get audio drop outs when watching them. Checked last night and signal strength is about 50% with signal quality between 80-100%, I know weather can effect the signal but we havn't really had any bad weather recently.

It was installed 2.5 to 3 years ago so no doubt the warranty will have expired so don't really want to have to pay for an installer to come around and check the system or replace the box if there is an issue with that due to lost recordings.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I don't know how to retrieve lost recordings, or wether it's even possible, so I can't help there.

Weather does affect the signal, heavy rain or snow can cause signal drop outs if you haven't got near 100% on quality and strength.

That doesn't explain the lost recordings though. So dependent on how much you pay Sky a month (more money would give you more power), I would ring them and tell them about the problems you are having, and say you would like a replacement box, and you need the dish, lnb, and connection checked, all for free, or you will cancel your subscription and go to Virgin.

They'll probably say something on the lines of not being able to do it for free, but stick to your guns, if you genuinely do have an option to go to another supplier, they'll eventually back down. If another supplier isn't an option, you may have to concede some ground, but I wouldn't accept their first offer, as it's rarely the best they can do.

Good luck, be polite, but firm.

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm also getting those fault -7 messages. Things to be recorded either don't start at all or get cut short. It only recorded 18mins of Game Of Thrones last night.
The box also seem to become very unresponsive on regular occasions. Trying to change channels for instance and nothing will happen for 3 or 4 secs then whatever number of things I've pressed happen all at once.
I'm out of contract so I'll have to phone them. Do you get a new box or re-conditioned? Can you keep the old box? I'd like to put it upstairs to replace an old multiroom box I've got. I'd like the Anytime+ upstairs for on demand movies.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

This is what happened with my HD box, so I rang Sky, and they offered me a replacement HD box and a visit from an engineer to check my cable, dish and lnb for (I think) £50.

I decided to use the fact that I had been with them for 4 or 5 years to negotiate all of the above for free, as long as I agreed to further 12 months.

The longer you have been with them, and the more you pay a month, the more power you have. If you have access to Virgin Media, even better.

Don't let them fob you off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts