SKY HD anytime freezing

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
From last night sky anytime is freezing . Phoned sky cannot get through. is anyone having problems at the moment with accesing anytime please. I want to reboot but cannot access the hidden menu . cheers

A

Anonymous

My Samsung HD box is doing the same. I first noticed it freezing when trying to access Anytime but it has also just froze whilst watching TV. The picture on the TV didn't freeze but I wasn't able to change channel or access the guide. Tried a Planner Rebuild as well as a forced software update and countless reboots but its still happening :(

A

Anonymous

My 500GB samsung box is doing exactly the same as above. I bought mine off ebay so cant really ask sky to come fix it. As theres a few people with the same problem im guessing its just a bad software update and they will fix it.

A

Anonymous

Ok this is supposidly a fix. Theres loads of people getting effected.

LOAM;17405314 said:
There is an update coming down tonight but for anyone wanting it fixed today, do the following;

1. turn on sky

2. Press "services"

3. hit select on "options"

4. scroll to "customise"

5. move down to "enable anytime" and select "off", confirm selection by pressing "select"

6. Press the green button to save options.

7. Place sky box in standby and unplug from wall.

8. plug back in, reboot the box redo steps 1-6 but selecting "on" to re enable anytime"

Thats it, no need to reboot after enabling it.

*this post is just for people wanting to know what to do, not hunt it down, and not wanting to full reset and loose everything :), its not my own fathoming, and i take no credit for it :)

A

Anonymous

Also:

QUOTE=Corasik;17405475]From the sound of it, the problem isnt a software update.. its the lack of a software update.

Sky appears to have changed the data format for Anytime, in preparation for Anytime+. Unforunately as soon as one or two of the new format programs are in your anytime list, any STB without the firmware that Sky have NOT yet sent out will crash, or reboot.

If you can resist the temptation of hitting the anytime button, then for most boxes the normal planner and TV channels should be ok, and with a bit of luck once we get the newest software updates, the programs already in anytime will probably work again.

Otherwise, disable anytime, you'll lose the anytime programming, but your sky+ planner recordings should be fine. BTW, DONT turn anytime back on again, I did, and as soon as a few programs were available, the box went back into crash/reset mode. We need a software update to access "new" anytime recordings.

There is no need to do a full system reset at the time being.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes mine is a samsung box i did reboot this morning and all is well. When i tried to phone sky this morning they had a message to go online for restore instructions as there lines were to busy to answer . Looks like they messed up on a firmware like you said.

A

Anonymous

I am having major, irritating probs with my Sky + HD Box today with this problem. I have done the reset procedure on 3 separate occasions, as on the first and second ones, it froze actually during the procedure, and had to switch off at wall at start again.

On third attempt, it seemed to work, but search facility not available, and when I try to change channels etc, it freezes completely again. So fed up.

Tried calling Sky, went through their procedure on option 1, but it has not worked, still freezing. Tried calling them just now, and nothing even happens on the phone line. I attempted option 2 to try and speak to someone, and kept on repeating the recorded message about how to reset your box.

Grrr. Any sound advice on solving this would be most appreciated!

Gill

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
This was placed on sky's facebook page.

Apologies to anyone who experienced problems with their SKy+HD box over the weekend, following the Anytime+ software update. We are aware of the problem, and our technical team is looking into it. No ETA on the fix yet, but we'll post more as we hear about it.

A

Anonymous

tebberen:
I am having major, irritating probs with my Sky + HD Box today with this problem. I have done the reset procedure on 3 separate occasions, as on the first and second ones, it froze actually during the procedure, and had to switch off at wall at start again.

On third attempt, it seemed to work, but search facility not available, and when I try to change channels etc, it freezes completely again. So fed up.

Tried calling Sky, went through their procedure on option 1, but it has not worked, still freezing. Tried calling them just now, and nothing even happens on the phone line. I attempted option 2 to try and speak to someone, and kept on repeating the recorded message about how to reset your box.

Grrr. Any sound advice on solving this would be most appreciated!

Gill

I am having pretty much the same problem, they were supposed to send an engineer out on saturday but waited in all day and they didnt turn up, but then proceeded to change the story saying it was booked for a different day, now have them re-booked for sunday, another day in all Sunday waiting for the sky man who will ask if i've turned it off and on again.

Hope they can fix it but it just freezes once i get it reset and wont do anything, i've tried the turning off anytime etc but nothing is working. plugged in the old Sky+ box and that works just fine, except the movies cause it wont recognize the viewing card. But at least i have Sky

A

Anonymous

So the Sky engineer came on Sunday to look at my dodgy Sky box ( which started working perfectly the moment he walked in the door) fortunately he was a really nice bloke, a cup of Coffee later and i had the newer slightly smaller Sky HD box, with a 250 gig memory which was an upgrade from the 160g box i had before.

He reckoned the older boxes caused them quite a bit of trouble.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts