Sky HD and Yamaha 863

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have just received my new Yamaha 863, and now need to connect it up to my Sky HD box. I have bought an optical lead as I believe that the Sky box will not send audio over HDMI, was I correct in thinking this?

If so, do I connect the sky box to the amp with HDMI, and the sky box to the amp with optical, select the audio input on the amp and then away we go?

Many thanks, from a very confused person!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed: you assign video from the HDMI and audio from the optical to the same input, and that's it.

The DTV/CBL input would seem to be the most logical one, and pp76-77 of the manual cover how to do the assignment.

Or you could connect the Sky HDMI output straight to the TV, and the optical to the amp. It's a matter of personal preference and your set-up.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

May be stating the obvious but if you go the 1st route, remember to connect the amp to the TV via HDMI too so the picture will pass through.

If you connect the SKY straight to the TV, there's no need to connect the amp to the TV via HDMI :)

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

I have my Sky HD connected via an 863 as described by Andy. Very easy to do and checkable using the remote.

TRENDING THREADS