Sky HD and DVI connection.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello - either I'm very stoopid or my TV sucks canal water. Before I go and buy my coveted Pioneer 428XD, I thought I'd get Sky HD first, and run it through my old (but good) Goodmans 32" LCD, via DVI with HDMI adapter. Nothing. Out Of Range or No Signal is all I get on the channel. Still works via Scart, but the gloriousness of footie in 720p is elusive still.

Is it a Hertz thing? Is DVI lower (or higher) than Sky puts out? I really wanted to wait till January sales to buy the Kuro, so any help through the cold December month would be smashing...

Cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Would suggest it's probably a screen resolution thing on the Bush LCD - perhaps it can't even handle 720p, but only the SD version via Scart. It's not a DVI issue, as Sky HD runs here at home into my old Fujitsu screen which only has a DVI input

A

Anonymous

No - I know for a fact it can handle 720p (1080p for that matter) cos I've ran my pc through it....

Any other thoughts?

A

Anonymous

My advice is throw away the Bush......into a Bush! Better still.......send to George as a Christmas present

A

Anonymous

No - definitely a Hrtz issue. When I pull the HDMI cable out of the Sky box and then in again, you briefly see the picture, albeit stretched across the screen.

I've solved it for now using component cables - roll on me 428!

A

Anonymous

Your Bush TV may only accept HD resolutions at 60Hz. Your PC would have been 60Hz, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are 60Hz, but Sky HD is 50Hz. This created quite a stir when I posted this a few years ago on the AVForums site because very, very few displays supported the format (except of course Pioneer the WHF favorite!).

Or it could be a lack of HDCP on the input. HDCP is a more likely cause of the symptom of a signal appearing for a second or two then disappearing for good. Again your PC would not have been asking for a HDCP handshake from your TVs DVI socket so it will have worked fine.

Either way, it doesn't work, go get yourself a new PIoneer LOL!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts