Sky Glass

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
All products have a SIX year warranty, that is the law. Goods are to be fit for purpose for up to 6 years. However, if you buy a cheaper item you should not expect that to last 6 years, Richer Sounds are not doing you a favour with a 6 year warranty, it is the law! Very simple!

If you mad enough to buy and subscribe to Sky glass, that will have a longer warranty, if your glass fails, after their warranty period, ring them up to cancel, they will ask you why? Say equipment has failed, and they will send a replacement. That is what they do with the set top boxes, obviously I don't know if it will be the same with the glass?

I will be sticking to the dish, and SkyQ, there is a greater selection of channels and I am not tied into any broadband or a service contract.
You don't have a 6 year warranty, you rights become limited after 6 months so the onus is on you, not the retailer to prove you are entitled to that replacement or repair.

Don't confuse a warranty from the manufacturer or retailer to your consumer rights.

Last edited:
I guess they’ve had to go down the rental route as the TV will be out of date in a few years time, as there’s only so far the hardware will be able to go with regards to updates. Eventually it’ll slow down and become unstable. It’ll be based on cheap TV screens too, so quality won’t be as good as you can get for the money.

daveh75

I guess they’ve had to go down the rental route as the TV will be out of date in a few years time, as there’s only so far the hardware will be able to go with regards to updates. Eventually it’ll slow down and become unstable. It’ll be based on cheap TV screens too, so quality won’t be as good as you can get for the money.
Except, they haven't gone down the rental route!!

All products have a SIX year warranty, that is the law. Goods are to be fit for purpose for up to 6 years. However, if you buy a cheaper item you should not expect that to last 6 years, Richer Sounds are not doing you a favour with a 6 year warranty, it is the law! Very simple!

If you mad enough to buy and subscribe to Sky glass, that will have a longer warranty, if your glass fails, after their warranty period, ring them up to cancel, they will ask you why? Say equipment has failed, and they will send a replacement. That is what they do with the set top boxes, obviously I don't know if it will be the same with the glass?

I will be sticking to the dish, and SkyQ, there is a greater selection of channels and I am not tied into any broadband or a service contract.
think that might need looking at as I don't think manufacturers have to issue any warranty at all, could be wrong so can you show is where this law resides?

daveh75

Yes I assume he’ll want Sky in his 2 living rooms, his bedroom and probably his parents’ room also.
Don’t know if that is possible with Sky Q.

With Sky Q you can have up to 4 Mini boxes in addition to the main box, however it only allows for concurrent viewing on the main box and 2 minis + 2 mobile/tablet devices at any given time.

D

Deleted member 196519

With Sky Q you can have up to 4 Mini boxes in addition to the main box, however it only allows for concurrent viewing on the main box and 2 minis + 2 mobile/tablet devices at any given time.
Yes, we can’t have Sky Q because it won’t work as Sky HD does in our home.

D

Deleted member 197450

Looks like it’s a big flop:

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
it is for people who want to pay a monthly fee . The TV is ok but lacks features and is not future proof . After 2 years it be out of date. Lacks enough HDMI connections . Sounds are very good from standard speakers . It is the future but not yet. needs many upgrades in the system to properly work . And several years for that matter to work better than Sky Q does now . The idea was great just the execution was wrong way wrong. maybe next time they might get it right

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I do not have Sky but looking at Sky glass televisions it takes me back to when we rented our tvs. I can't imagine why anyone would pay a monthly rental for a television. Perhaps Sky viewers can enlighten me.
Sky Glass is a waste of money , in my view . Now Sky is introducing a version without the TV attached why ? cannot see the point of it . Perhaps they should have introduce this before they introduced the Glass TV. system. Sky must be worried about Netflix Amazon Google and Apple introducing there systems . Now Elon Musk wants to buy TWITTER . what are they up too ???

Sky Glass is a waste of money , in my view . Now Sky is introducing a version without the TV attached why ? cannot see the point of it . Perhaps they should have introduce this before they introduced the Glass TV. system. Sky must be worried about Netflix Amazon Google and Apple introducing there systems . Now Elon Musk wants to buy TWITTER . what are they up too ???
How is Elon Musk and Twitter related to all this?

Reactions: Tinman1952

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
In June our Sky contract is up for renewal. Also in June we will be buying a Freesat box.

Goodbye Sky and your 100s of channels of crap, ever rising prices and your Sky Q box with it's dire software, that gets worse every time it is updated.
We went the Freeview route after leaving Sky and found the picture quality improved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts