Sky & Freeview tuning

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I hope this is in the right section?

Currently i have my all TVs in the house with the exception of the main television connected to Sky and digital TV via a single coax cable from an amplifier/loft box. I am able to watch and control Sky on all the TVs using one of the anologue chanels tuned to pick up the Sky signal. I am also able to switch to digital and watch the freeview channels whilst my wife or kids are watching Sky in any of the other rooms.

I have now changed the TV in one of the rooms to a Samsung that appears to only have a digital tuner and i can either get the freeview chanels or just Sky. Not both like i used to. On the other TVs all i do i press the analog/digital button on the remote and job done.

I do not have the option with this Samsung model: UE32ES5500

Can anyone help?

daveh75

rs6mra said:
I have now changed the TV in one of the rooms to a Samsung that appears to only have a digital tuner and i can either get the freeview chanels or just Sky. Not both like i used to. On the other TVs all i do i press the analog/digital button on the remote and job done.

I do not have the option with this Samsung model: UE32ES5500

Can anyone help?

If it only had a digital tuner, then you wouldn't get Sky at all via a coaxial/rf connection.

Don't really get what you mean by the you can Freeview or Sky channels but not both comment.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
[/quote]

If it only had a digital tuner, then you wouldn't get Sky at all via a coaxial/rf connection.

Don't really get what you mean by the you can Freeview or Sky channels but not both comment.

[/quote]

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

By Freeview channels I mean the channels that come through via the TV aerial and Sky is that from the Sky digibox.

I have since been able to tune in Sky on what appears to be via analogue (ATV) settings and the freeview channels come through on the presumably the digital tuner. Under the channel menu settings Sky comes through "cable" and the freeview channels through "Air" .

The frustrating part is that now I have both tuned the remote doesn't appear to have that single button to enable me to switch between freeview & Sky with just a single push.

Does any of the above now make sense? Cheers.

scatmanben

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
In my experience with Samsung tv's you can normally access the analogue channels (in your case the one that is tuned into sky) by scrolling down through the freeview channels and before the first channel (ie BBC 1, freeview) the analogue one's are stored. If there is no tv/dtv button on the remote the above way is the only way to access them, as far as I know anyway. I hope this helps!

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
scatmanben said:
In my experience with Samsung tv's you can normally access the analogue channels (in your case the one that is tuned into sky) by scrolling down through the freeview channels and before the first channel (ie BBC 1, freeview) the analogue one's are stored. If there is no tv/dtv button on the remote the above way is the only way to access them, as far as I know anyway. I hope this helps!

Thanks!!!!. That works for me...................

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts