Sky Digital.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, have a Denon 2311 , how do i know if i am getting Dolby Digital on Sky viewing? , all i seem to get is PL 2 Cinema, have set my Input to digital Optical but still don't think it is digital!!!

Starting to drive me nuts !!!

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
chris hollands:
Hi guys, have a Denon 2311 , how do i know if i am getting Dolby Digital on Sky viewing? , all i seem to get is PL 2 Cinema, have set my Input to digital Optical but still don't think it is digital!!!

Starting to drive me nuts !!!

Do you have an optical/digital out from your Sky box to your Denon and

Have you set the Sky menu to Optical out and Dolby Digital

You also may need to tell your Denon which input is being used ??

tony0898

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chris

I have no advice to offer on your query, however i am also looking at getting the Denon AVR-2311. Have you had chance to sample it with stereo music and also with blu ray surround sound. What's your verdict?

erby

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chris.

Have you checked that the programme is being broadcast in Dolby Digital? It should tell you when you press info on your Sky remote.

A

Anonymous

Chris, if you have the HDMI into the TV/SAT connection, that is defaulted to coax1, so first you have to assign opt 1 or 2 to this input (page 49).

Then you have to tell the AVR to select this input each time you turn it on, by default it will be set AUTO, which means it will select the 2.0 signal on the HDMI, you need to set this to DIGITAL. Then in future it will ignore the signal from the HDMI ( page 51) then as above you need to check in the programme synopsis that it has a 5.1 sound track.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

A lot of channels output sound in 2ch pcm.

Try Sky Sports News HD (455) - its always in 2 ch dolby digital.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, cracked it , had to override the HDMI output in a separate setting with digital!!!

Wow, just got my system up and running, and all i can say is, wow !

bit of a nightmare to start with, was going to get the Monitor Audio BX5.1 with the Yamaha RXV667, then had a last minute change of heart in the shop and got the Denon AVR2311 with the Monitor Audio RX6 AV12, .....

What i did not take into consideration was the fact that i had bought and measured a TV stand for my first choice to the tune of £250 .

When i got home with the bigger gear,,, you got it ,it does not fit in the racks!!!

Oh well, sounds fantastic!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts