Sky compatible PVRs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have Sky+ but am moving to a block of flats that has Sky but I don't believe has the dual inputs needed to support Sky+.

Can anybody recommend a PVR/hard drive recorder which will function with Sky?

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, there's the Sky+ box, and the Sky+HD box...

Or if you want to go Freesat, there are PVRs for that too.

But the only way to access Sky's paid-for services is with a Sky box, and the only way to get full PVR functionality - ie record one, watch another - is with dual feeds from the LNB on the dish. That's as true with Freesat as it is with Sky.

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
You can still record programmes even with one input. You cannot record one while watching another, You also cannot record while the box is on standby so the best thing is to turn off the auto standby in the sevices menu, I had the same problem when I moved house.

A

Anonymous

I have a Foxsat HDR with single feed and I can record one programme while watching another. I can also record programmes on two channels at the same time. There are some restrictions to this in as much as, if you're recording from BBC1 say, there are only a limited number of other channels you can record from at the same time, but I don't find this too much of a problem.

Finding the time to watch the recorded programmes is the only real problem I have. I use my Foxsat mainly for time shifting, and sometimes I'm watching a recording while I'm recording two more programmes. I have a 650 gig external Hard Drive to stop the Humax drive getting full.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts