sky cancellation/plus box?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im cancelling my sky until spring next year.

Will i still be able to view the free to air hd channels and will the plus box still record the free channels?

daveh75

Tangerine dream:
Im cancelling my sky until spring next year.

Will i still be able to view the free to air hd channelsYes.

and will the plus box still record the free channels? No, you lose PVR functionality, if you don't subscribe..

A

Anonymous

i still have the pvr function on my box after i cancelled my sub over 6 months ago, ive been told its because the box was unplugged before the kill signal was sent by sky. maybe you can do something like this?

daveh75

Indeed, the 'kill signals' or more correctly EMMs (Entitlement Management Messages)
emotion-15.gif
are sent via satellite, so to miss them the box would have to be powered off or disconnected from satellite feeds.

The messages are also sent at random intervals over several weeks/months, so trying to avoid them would mean not using the box for this period, and even then, the EMMs, which are stored on the card, automatically expire anyway.

So in short its a lot of hassle, on the off chance you might get PVR functionality for a few months after cancelling.

Then of course, there is the legality of deliberately trying to circumvent Sky/NDS CA system....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that info, ill unplug my skybox after ive finished watching the last superbikes races.

I will keep it unplugged for a few days when my subscription is due to be terminated and hope i get lucky.

A

Anonymous

Oops looks like ill have to watch the HD channels live then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts