Sky Anytime Plus - or whatever its called ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Sky HD Box near my Orange Livebox so can run an ethernet cable to it easily.

Can I plug my box straight into this to get the fairly new Anytime Plus service ( if thats the correct name ) ? Or do I have to have Sky Broadband to get this or some other bit of Sky equipement for it to work ? Obviously, I only have Orange Broadband via the livebox.

Also, if it is that easy, does it use the Sky Box planner memory to download the programmes ( mines nearly always full ).

Probably all silly questions, so please set me straight.

Ta

A

Anonymous

i have registered my interest with skyanytime + but dont have it yet as there still rolling it out which is what i thought.

i just have the standard sky anytime on my skd hd box

A

Anonymous

I've not got sky broadband. I have got sky world and also discovered that i can access this Anytime service fyi

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Marnie - Anytime is available to all SKY subscribers. What you can actually watch from the Anytime menu depends on your subscription though.

Anytime Plus is a new service SKY are launching - available only to those who also take a broadband package from SKY. IIRC it's an 'on demand' service.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
As well as a tidy interface the + gives ability to download a significant amount of content. All be it 'Sky' programs, films etc not BBC etc. Only a little is HD though.

Is it useful? Occasionally I would say.

A

Anonymous

I have the full pack and full broadband and still no anytime plus, they are really slow rolling this out.

A

Anonymous

canada16:
I have the full pack and full broadband and still no anytime plus, they are really slow rolling this out.

Canada - u do realise u have to go onto their website to activate it? Also need to connect skybox up to your router.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/anytime-plus/get-it-now/

A

Anonymous

Done and Done months ago.

I might call them, as I think my box is showing as one already done and equiped.

A

Anonymous

Well my box is going to be last, its the amstrad 780UK

Might be done buy the middle of the year, poor show sky, considering my monthly bill is 100.00 and I have the full pack and broadband.

Oh well.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Maybe an email to Sky to negotiate a cheap 1GB box? Not sure that Anytime+ is that useful but the bigger box is great. very stable and loads of room - you probably wont need the + service then - tho you would get it I guess.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Ive got the amstrad 790 - to which I upgraded the drive to 2tb, and my anytime+ update was back in November.

You've had to wait a hell of a long time. Are u not in a virgin fibre area? Theres only 1 thing these sky people respond to - and thats leaving.

I dont use the anytime+ anyway - the catalogue isnt that large at the moment, and once my exchange gets upgraded by vrigin in the autumn its goodbye sky and hello virgin + 100Mb broadband for around half what I'm currently paying.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I am not voting for Sky although I have no issue with them BUT can you really get an equivalent range of HD programs inc DD sound for around half the price ?? I recon Virgin would have no competition were this the case.

Cheers

I have 50(??) HD channels with DD film channels (often only last years); reasonable speed, unlimited broadband; 24/7 free calls for £70. What can Virgin do for £35 ?

A

Anonymous

I'm currently paying £93.50 a month with Sky - to get the same with Virgin as what I get now would cost me £67.86.

Ok its not half - more like 2/3 - but the broadband is 5x faster.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Hya TM - I dont wish to get into an argument about value etc - i guess we can all do our sums but can you confirm Virgins DD coverage. The channels are easy to find but the sound delievry is of prime consideration.

Thanks - I think this may help others to decide ?

A

Anonymous

Yeh for what I have it would be 70.00 per month woth 50mb BB.

But everytime I called the deal kept changing, and no one called back once I talked to the wife to talk her into it.

So cant be bothered with their customer service, Sky have been great with me

A

Anonymous

Just spoken to sky and they said i have to wait as my box is the last kind to get updated.

I hate having a carrot dangled in front of me and then having it pulled away at the last minute.

Any, my question is........ Does anyone know if the content on the sky anytime plus is different to the sky player for xbox360? To be honest the only reason i have a gold account on xbox live is to use the sky player so if they have the same (or similar) content then i would probably just cancel my gold account.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts