Sky Anytime+ connection set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My problem is I have 1 telephone socket which currently has a ADSL filter connected into it, and a splitter connected into that so I can connect my home telephone and connect my sky box to the phone line. My broadband is currently upstairs connected to a separate telephone socket.

I'd like to set up Anytime+ and would like to wire my router to my Sky box by bringing it downstairs, but don't currently have enough telephone sockets near the tv. Hence I was wondering what is the best way to set this up.

I was wondering if I should get a 3 socket splitter and plug this into the wall and connect the filter to this, the telephone socket to my sky box, and then the other one to my broadband router?

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help?

daveh75

Ideally your BB router needs to be connected to your master socket, running it from telephone extensions/splitters etc can effect BB speeds.

If running ethernet from Skybox to router isn't possible, then look at Homeplugs or a wireless bridge (not sure if it's available yet, but Sky will be offering their own wireless adapter that looks like the latest HD boxes but much smaller)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dave.

Ideally I like to ethernet wire the sky box directly to the router as I don't really want the expense of purchasing a sky adapter for £60. But I definitely don't want to reduce my BB speed.

I'd have thought my problem was quite typical for customers wanting to wire directly into their sky box (which is sky's recommended connection). Surely to do this everyone would need at at least a 2 way splitter so they can connect the router and also connect their sky box to the phone line near their tv.

Grateful for your advice

Thanks Mark

A

Anonymous

Just get a 2-way telephone splitter, plug it into the telephone socket of the filter.

Your telephone plugs into 1 socket of the splitter, skybox line to the other.

The router goes into the broadband socket of the filter, and skybox plugs into the router.

I dont see ur problem.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
You could also look at a powerline solution?
This will run the ethernet over the existing mains power cabling already in place.
So power socket to power socket.

google for homeplug or powerline and you should see some products.

I have just tried the D-Link 200 mbps running up stairs on a mains extension cable and then down to a mains socket by the Sky+HD and it reports 100mbps speed, on old mains cables I was most impressed.

TRENDING THREADS