Sky and Sky+

Martin100

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi can any one tell me, should Sky come out of the front speakers and the center speaker when put through a home cinima amp via HDMI cables?

Martin

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
To get surround sound out of the Sky box, you need to connect it to the AV amp using the digital optical connection - it doesn't handle surround via the HDMI socket. So you'll need an HDMI cable to the TV for the picture, and a separate optical cable to the surround amp for multichannel audio.

Martin100

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
So HDMI and a Optical lead out of the Sky Box to the amp and an HDMI out of the amp to the TV for picture? Would that be correct and the best way?

Martin

daveh75

Martin100:

So HDMI and a Optical lead out of the Sky Box to the amp and an HDMI out of the amp to the TV for picture? Would that be correct and the best way?

Martin

Yes, that'll work fine!

Martin100

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Just tried HDMI and an optical cable, still the same, and or if i select HDMI 1 for Sky still no center speaker but picture and sound. Optical cable to Sat input on the rear of the amp, left and right speaker and sub I.E still the same but no picture. Should i get the center speaker with the Sky box any way. Thought HDMI was the correct and best way to connect your/my equipment.

Do i just need to switch some thing on some where?

Martin
emotion-7.gif

Sony DA52000ES Amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts