Sky 2TB box reliability

jog3004

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys, I've had sky hd since they started offering this service, subsequently I have the old 160gb box, when I say have, I mean I've had tons of them as each box rarely lasts 12 months without faults occurring & then requiring swapping. Problem is that I'm aware when they swap the box, it isn't a new one, its refurbed. I'm thinking of

biting the bullet & taking up the offer for 2TB box, are these more reliable?

jog3004

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys, I've taken the plunge & after a bit of banter got the 2TB box for £25 delivered. Even the sky guy said I'd had some bad luck with boxes when he looked at our history. Hoe
Fully the unreliable refurbed box days will be quickly forgotten :grin:

jog3004

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it was a HD box. The main benefit of the new box will hopefully be reliability, not so bothered about size HDD as we never filled 160gb one.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
daveh75 said:
All boxes are Amstrad now (bought by Sky a few years ago to control costs and keep development in-house) and are junk...

I tend to agree with Dave.

I have had lots of issues over the years with various boxes (mostly the older hd ones).

I now have 3 boxes in the house and touch wood the older hd boxes are still going strong.

I have the newer 2tb box in our main room and although it has not gone wrong it is really noisy which I believe is the hard drive. It is even audible above my av amp at times - thank god it's not in our bedroom. I have complained about it before and the engineer did a complete reset and update (which wiped my planner totally). Was advised to wait and see if the problem persists - which it does but do not really want to lose all my contents on the hard drive again so I guess I am stuck with it.

I know the newer boxes are not all noisy, so hopefully yours is trouble free. My advice would be to listen out to it early when yours is installed ang get it changed straight away if it does.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts