Site upgrade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
And
emotion-22.gif
for us

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ummm the reason it looks the same is that after 24 hours of struggling with everything from nodes to clouds to servers halfway across the world, we've had to take the decision to roll back to where we were this time yesterday and do some more work before we implement the upgrade.

Sorry for the outage, but we're as disappointed as you - however, we want to get it right, so took the decision to abort the launch until we're totally confident all is in order.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, apologies for being offline for so long but we were working through the night to try and make it all work, but sadly our server company in Houston struggled to cope.

As Andrew says, we're investigating the cause of the problem and will re-launch when we're sure everything's functioning as it should. Thanks for your patience.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Has JD fallen on his sword yet? (Or is he gibbering quietly in the corner?)

Hopefully he'll be getting some sleep sometime soon - circs entirely beyond his/our control, it seems.

scene

To be fair, the site was up at least twice for about thirty seconds, to my knowledge, last night and this morning - even got as far as trying to log in before it tanked...

I'm sure the post mortem is already underway (but one should remember that these are supposed to only happen after the concerned party is dead...) and that it will work next time.

Anyway - glad to have you back, I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
C'est la vie. These things happen with IT rollouts, that's why you always keep the old systems ready to fall back on JIC. I got a brief glimpse of the new forum for a quick minute there and it looks promising lads.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Still. I had a nice morning in the bookshop with a couple of coffees and a couple of hours spent usefully studying/revising and then popped up to the local Audio-T and had a great hour listening to the B&W MM-1s. (More on that later but suffice to say... wow!)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
scene:To be fair, the site was up at least twice for about thirty seconds, to my knowledge, last night and this morning

Indeed, and then Houston had a problem...

scene

Andy Clough:
Yes, apologies for being offline for so long but we were working through the night to try and make it all work, but sadly our server company in Houston struggled to cope.

Houston, we have a problem...

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, just by sheer coincidence one of the brief periods of uptime happened to be when I was iprodding an ipad at the local apple store at lunchtime. Looked ok, as far as I could tell.

scene

Andrew Everard:
scene:To be fair, the site was up at least twice for about thirty seconds, to my knowledge, last night and this morning

Indeed, and then Houston had a problem...

jinx(ish)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts