Sir Terry Wogan RIP

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Terry died in the early hours of this morning... I feel incredibly sad at this news.

A warm, funny human being who loved his music and responsible for introducing the likes of Katie Melua to the music scene.

Personally, I will miss his mellifluoss Irish tones that I've grown up with on Radio 2 over the years.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Not really someone I liked, or watched, or listened to. But, without any doubt, he made millions happy for over 50 years and helped in raising huge amounts of money for charity.

(Oh, and I remember, when a child, that my mother used to like him on the radio.)

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Really saddened by the news of his passing. He just had something that 'modern' broadcasters (especially the obnoxious idiot who replaced him on R2) don't, and will never, have - genuine charisma and sincerity.

RIP.

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Paulq said:
Really saddened by the news of his passing. He just had something that 'modern' broadcasters (especially the obnoxious idiot who replaced him on R2) don't, and will never, have - genuine charisma and sincerity.

RIP.

+1

Terry Wogan used to bring me round gently in a morning as I drove to work. I do not take too kindly to being hit around the head as is the current fashion!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Grew up listening to him and Jimmy Young on radio 2. Another one of the last bastions of decency and morality on our radio and TV leaves us. RIP great man.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
A fixture on a morning in our house in the 70's. I associate him with my Mum (who loved him) and getting ready for school. Not a fan of him on TV. In the early 2000's I had a very long and depressing commute to work on a morning and came across him STILL there on radio 2 doing essentially the same flipping show!! His warmth, gentle humour (and the nostalgia) was very comforting. Sad loss.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts