single wiring

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My speakers are biwirable but i only want to single wire them.

Could somebody please let me know which of the speakers binding posts do i use, the top or the bottom sets?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

It doesnt matter, but I always plugged them in the LF sockets. An obvious point, but make sure you use a binding post/jumper cable in addition to the single run!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Assuming the jumper bars are in place, it shouldn't make much difference which set of terminals you use, but there are subtle differences with some speakers.

I'd try one set of terminals for a while, then the other. If you can't hear any difference, use either; if you can, use the ones that sound best to you.

A

Anonymous

It is usually best to go with the bottom posts, in my experience. On a resonably low level, just plug them in and find out, you won't cause any damage unless you have it excessively loud - if it's very toppy, wire it to the bottom - if it sounds like a matress is infront of the speakers, change it to the top!

Oh, and by the way, what speakers are you running for future reference to users?

A

Anonymous

If I felt I heard a difference, then i'd personally Bi-Wire them...

A

Anonymous

The thing is i've gone for atlas hyper 3 cable because the current cable i'm using makes the speakers lean towards the bright side.

If the top posts give a clearer sound will it still lean towards bright? seeing as the top posts are for hf

A

Anonymous

If the top end is clear, I personally find it LESS bright because there is more detail and so less distortion...but ProAcs are usually a little on the bright side (which is why they DO NOT suit Naim equipment) so this is to be expected. I find the best thing to do with ProAcs is to leave the covers on, or just turn the treble down a smidge on the tone controls.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts