Single Music storgae device for HiFi, PC, iTunes (iPAD)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help....

We have a very large music collection and want to put it all on one device which I can access via iTUNES for uploading to the iPAD/iPOD devices, however at the same time be able to connect it directly to our HiFi system, (Onkyo AMP).

Does anything exist since at the moment only way to play via the AMP is to have the PC powered on and running and this is what I would prefer to avoid.

I have no idea where to start or what to look at?

Thanks
Lee

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
What model is your Onkyo amp and do you know if it has a network client built into it e.g. does it have built in ethernet / wireless connection to allow it to connect to your network?

A

Anonymous

It is an Onkyo SR606 and does not have a network connection.

I was expecting to have to connect the 'device' to the AMP via HDMI but want to be able to store all the music so can be access by the iPAD/iPOD and ideally also PC.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

i use Lacie Lacinema Classic. Acts as a media server so it host your itunes library over Ethernet or Wifi. Acts as player so can play your files over HDMI to your digital amp. The amp does all the hard audio work. Cheap too, you pay not much more than the hard disk. You will seed TV screen for the Lacinema GUI. And I don't think the Lacie supports Apple lossless.

A

Anonymous

How about Sonos and a NAS drive store all music on drive connect to amp and control with iPad ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts