• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Simple Sonos based home cinema set-up

Tonestar1

Nov 4, 2008
Minimalist, but very nice :) How are you getting atmos content to the bar and how does it sound compared to your full main system? Also what's your thoughts on the new TV?

bigboss

Obviously, dedicated Atmos speakers are far superior. But Sonos is pretty decent.

The TV is absolutely stunning.....the blacks aren't the best (I'm used to plasma TV blacks) but otherwise it's superb. No plans to get a UHD player. Will hopefully get a PS5 when I can, which can work as UHD player.

Reactions: Tonestar1

michael hoy

Oct 6, 2008
Neat and tidy, as you say it's temporary and not your main setup.
The reason i went OLED was coming from a plasma and anything else could not match the black levels.
Hope you are settling in OK.

bigboss

Ah ok, does the soundbar work well enough then as centre and Front L and R? I'd envisaged getting one to run as the centre speaker, with Play 5s as front L and R, with 2 x play 1 as rear L and R
You cannot use separate front channels with Sonos. With Sonos Arc or Beam, you can only use additional speakers as rears. Besides, the Arc is Atmos enabled which won't happen if it's used only as a centre speaker.

The Arc is more than capable as fronts and centre.

SteveR750

Mar 11, 2005
You cannot use separate front channels with Sonos. With Sonos Arc or Beam, you can only use additional speakers as rears. Besides, the Arc is Atmos enabled which won't happen if it's used only as a centre speaker.

The Arc is more than capable as fronts and centre.
OK, that's saved me some £££ in error, thanks

Reactions: bigboss

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS