Simple question really...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I got an Onkyo705 ready to go (as soon as the whole in my wall had been cut for it to live) but the question I have is do I need an HDMI 1.3 cable to connect it to my PS3 or can a regular HDMI cable work? I keep ready different things and am confused!!

A

Anonymous

im pretty sure the 1.3 is just the current version of (most) HDMI cables in shops, (unless stated otherwise)

nads

it will "work" with any but unless it is to the 1.3 standard you can not transfer all sound types.
HDMI connector (in brackets is the minimum revision of HDMI needed for that format)
Dolby Digital (Bitstream 1.1)
DTS (Bitstream 1.1)
Dolby Digital plus (Bitstream 1.3)
Dolby TrueHD (Bitstream 1.3)
DTS HD (Bitstream 1.3)
PCM Multichannel (1.1)
i should add that the PS3 does have some issues on what data it can send.

A

Anonymous

I have the Ixos XHT288 HDMI cable (Richer Sounds in MK sold it to me saying it will work) but I can't find anywhere definitive saying it is 1.3 compliant... The packaging says 1080p compatible and their website has no clear indication!

Any ideas??

I have emailed them direct but you guys will be quicker for a response!!

Thanks in advance!!

Mat

PS Yeah PS3 is dragging its heels about the DTSHDMA and I am close to ditching it as my Blu Ray player and going stand alone when the profiles settle down (deciding whether to wait for 2.0 even though I won't use most of the "extra" bits it will deliver!)

A

Anonymous

im using an older hdmi leads that were bought when 1.1 was the latest thing and im happliy using 1.3 equipment on them including bitstream hd audio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts