Simple n00b Subwoofer Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do all subwoofers use the same type of cable to connect to the amp?

And more specifically, if not can anyone tell me what cable and connectors I will need to connect a Jamo JA-A102HCS5 sub to my amp? I've just ordered the Jamos and want to make sure I've got the right cable when it arrives.

Ta muchly :)

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
i just use a monster 400 dedicated subwoofer cable..they do long lengths too which do not cost much more than the shorter lengths...It is a RCA to RCA connection, from 'sub out' on the surround reciever to 'left in' on the sub....Best i can do as im not familiar with the jamo but most subs are connected that way...

A

Anonymous

Thanks biggus.

"left"? - does that mean there is a right also? I've been looking a little since I posted this and it looks like some cables are a single connector at 1 end and 2 connectors at the other is that the case?

A

Anonymous

I just bought a PSB sub and the dealer recommended me to use 1 connector in 1 end (pre out sub) and 2 connectors in the other end. I really don't know the difference if only used 1 connectors on each end, but I'm pretty much satisfied with the sub and cable.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
a sub is 'mono' and 'left in' is a mono connection....When using a stereo amp a 'y' piece fromthe stereo right and left out may be used but this 'y' piece goes into a single ended cable and ,hence, you are still left with a single ended cable going into the sub....Most av amps only have one 'sub out' so only one cable would be needed...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts