Silver Rega Seperates

I know that Rega employees sometimes use this forum, I kinda want to ask their opinion, and everyone elses too.

Is there any particular reason why there are no Silver coloured Amps and CD Players in the current line-up?

I know its not the most important aspect of audio equipment, but Silver is my preference over black.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
I know that Rega employees sometimes use this forum, I kinda want to ask their opinion, and everyone elses too.

Is there any particular reason why there are no Silver coloured Amps and CD Players in the current line-up?

I know its not the most important aspect of audio equipment, but Silver is my preference over black.

I thought Rega did a silver Brio?

There seems to be a trend to black again ... I suppose it fits better with contemporary styles in people's homes although I don't understand the fetish for gloss black plastic finishes. Certain products definitely look better in silver ... Yamaha, Audio Analogue and Leema amps for example.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it is to keep their stock keeping units down - they decided based on sales history and marketing input that the majority preferred black.

Most of Rega's equipment had a 'wrap -around' design which meant that if they made stuff in silver, silver would be all around the casework. Take the top loading Apollo CDP for example.

Other brands have more of a face plate - so can have a silver front plate and black casing. And some do both.

I worked for a manufacturer once where we spent days and weeks deciding on sku's *boredom*

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Both my Leema and Moon have silver Faceplates and black bodies. I like the contrast.

And this would make sense where they made product to order or in small batches, rather than having to stock large quantities of the completed units, they just added the faceplates as required.

bigfish786 said:
Both my Leema and Moon have silver Faceplates and black bodies. I like the contrast.
Yes, I particularly admire the Moon two-tone look. My Krell duo are a titanium finish which I'm surprised isn't more popular.

Reverting to topic, I'm surprised Rega don't offer Silver, but if one colour makes more economic sense, then black is probably the better choice for the manufacturers.

nopiano said:
bigfish786 said:
Yes, I particularly admire the Moon two-tone look. My Krell duo are a titanium finish which I'm surprised isn't more popular.

Reverting to topic, I'm surprised Rega don't offer Silver, but if one colour makes more economic sense, then black is probably the better choice for the manufacturers.

Black is cheaper and has always been the primary colour for most manufacturers, unless you are Quad ;-)

Many other modern manufacturers offer a bigger palate, Feingold if you happen to be a well known Swiss amplifier maker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts