Silly to replace B&W N805 with Dali Ikon 6?

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
My system comprises Unison Research Unico amp, soon to be Cyrus CD6s CD player and B&W N805. I know, the speakers seem to deserve better components to match with it but I couldn't resist picking them up when I saw a used pair in the store.

I've been bitten by a bit of an upgrade bug lately and I was wondering if it would make sense to replace the N805 with the highly praised Dali Ikon 6, especially as I've heard that the 805s is far far superior to the N805. The Ikon 6 would also seem to be a better match (price wise) to the amp and the CD player.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
B&W 805s are superb upgrade if you already like Bowers's sound. I still remember the full, well balanced sound they made very well and there was 2 years ago! Make sure you use the dedicated stands as they really do help with the bass dept. PS second Andrew's post about Ikon 6 wouldn't be an upgrade from N805, however the sound would be very different and Dali can do soundstage very well.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]B&W 805s are superb upgrade ...[/quote]

I thouht we were discussing B&W N805 vs Dali Ikon 6 speakers here? Typo or general upgrade advise?

[quote user="hifikrazy"]I think Thaiman meant that if I like the B&W sound, I should consider upgrading my N805 to the 805s, rather than to go for the Dali Ikon 6...[/quote]
You are probably right.
I don't think the B&W N805 are in need of an upgrade with your current electronics. Hence the question.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I think Thaiman meant that if I like the B&W sound, I should consider upgrading my N805 to the 805s, rather than to go for the Dali Ikon 6. Anyway, thank you all for your comments and I guess I will stick to the N805 for a while longer until I can afford a true upgrade to my dream speaker, the Dali Helicon 400.

TRENDING THREADS