Silly Me... now owner of Spendor A5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just won the Spendor A5 auction....again never thought asking bid would take it - either nobody thinks 5 months old A5s are worth 899 or there is something wrong that everyone but me knows about....

Barring there being something wrong with them, I am excited!

Except now I own three sets of speakers... Spendor A5s, Spendor S5es and MA RS6s... And two amps. Damn.

A

Anonymous

You've been spending too much time with Joel I fear.

Congratulations. At least you can decide for yourself which you prefer. If I were in your shoes I'd leave the S5e boxed, flog them and keep the A5s. What an excellent purchase for 900 quid! You lucky toad.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
Well nobody even put up a fight! I was the only bidder... Seriously, somebody knows something....

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:lol, someone needs to delete your ebay account!

Yeah. Too bad I am not married otherwise someone would have my ear...and my girlfriend has no say (yet).
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
I blame WHF. It's all their fault. Their review of A5s was too good, group test winning and all.

Yeah, If I have all of them side by side (do i even have that much room?) I will post the comparison results!

A

Anonymous

chainrock:
Just won the Spendor A5 auction....again never thought asking bid would take it - either nobody thinks 5 months old A5s are worth 899 or there is something wrong that everyone but me knows about....

Barring there being something wrong with them, I am excited!

Except now I own three sets of speakers... Spendor A5s, Spendor S5es and MA RS6s... And two amps. Damn.
what a bargain,i was watching them i thought they would go for about £1100, i didnt think they'd go for the starting bid.. lucky you.let us know what there like im going to demo some a5's a6's atc19's in next couple of months. enjoy your speakers m8.

A

Anonymous

Lovely speakers and good price. Let me know if you end winning a set of something else and want to sell the A5s ;-)

Phil

A

Anonymous

Certainly! Given my itchy hands and severe form of upgradititis I wouldn't count it out :)

Btw - I didn't get to try the Spendor S5es and A5s side by side as I never even received the S5es. The seller was nice enough to cancel the sale and relist them on fleebay for a small fee. Now that I have sold the Marantz and the RS6s I am down to one kit again
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts