silent working budget cd player?

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I have and Ihad bad experience with cd players beeing noisy spinning the disc, what can be very annoying if you listen the music at low volumes and the cd player is not far away (3 m) from you.(I have little space in my room)

In my experience Denon, Nad, Onkyo budget cd players are noisy, Marantz and Arcam (for ex. Cd 72) budget players are better, but not without noise.

Can you tell me a budget cd player, wich works silently, without annoying mechanical noises?

How about Marantz CD 6005 and Denon DCD 720?

The Yamaha has super silent working cd players, but Yamaha S- 700, S-1000 are over my budget

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I fully understand your point. How hard can it be to create a quiet mechanism, when it's sole purpose is play music, not make you listen to the noise of the mechanism? Don't get a cambridge audio topaz, which I currently have, which is periodically very noisy, but not consistently so. People often say audition music before you buy- next time I'm inclined to to play a disc with the volume off, just to see how loud the mechanism is. If you find a good quiet one, let me know.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I reckon it's quite difficult to build a mechanism which spins a CD at upto 500rpm and expect it to be dead quiet. How about alternative solutions like streaming?

D

Deleted member 108165

Before I purchased my current Marantz Pearl Lite system I had the Marantz PM6004/CD6004 and I never had a problem with the cd drive being noisy, so yes, I would asume that the CD6005 would/should be the same, ie, quiet. The Pearl Lite cd drive is also supremely quiet too. I listen at the same distance as you do - about 2.5m

Other posters have mentioned streaming. I am slowly getting into streaming using an NA7004 currently linked to a pc in my lounge, however, the fan on my pc is much louder than any cd drive I have ever owned, (thinking about going solid state for next pc).

Jota180 said:
Yup, streaming. Totally silent and ten million percent less hassle.

Not too sure there that comes from. Convenient yes, once you have downloaded / ripped source music - oh, and you'll need to use a computer as well.
sad_smile.gif

Kamikaze Bitter

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've never noticed any noise from my Marantz CD 6004, but I am an old boy, so maybe not so sensitive. As for streaming being 10 million percent less hassle, I'm afraid thats not been my experience, and my house has a wired ethernet. I've had major difficulties tagging flacs, and have often spent a long time trying to locate recording. Whereas with CDs, you just pick the box off the shelf, insert the disc, and press play. Which seems pretty hassle free to me.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for response, it seems to me that Marantz CD 6005 is for me.

I think the question is, if the cd player motor and mechanism has or has not sufficient isolation

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts