CD player (again)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MentorRon

Nov 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I agree totally that it’s not worth me spending a fortune on a set up. Like I said earlier in the thread, it started off with a €60 Sony blu ray player but I was put off by the quality issues, hence the reason I’ve moved on to a good quality but simple CD player.
I'm afraid I have to agree with you, although I see (and knew) others would dissent. I have tried 3 or 4 DVD and Blu-Ray players (Sony, Samsung and Insignia) for CDs but was always disappointed, as I was with most 1-bit CD players (mostly Sony and JVC). In my 2 stereo systems, as I have noted before, I feel that my two Sony 1980s-90s CD players with well respected DACs do the job audibly differently, and more to my tastes. The thing I notice most from DVD/Blu-Ray are the more "shrill" upper frequencies, as I listen to a lot of violin music (solos, trios, quartets) and find I just cannot listen to the multi-media players whose prime objective is video and 5.1.
My speakers are Martin-Logan Aerius for system 1 and Mission 760i with an 8" sub for system 2.ML front - crop.jpgMission 760i with and without grille.jpgProLinear PLSUBMKII.jpg

Reactions: Darrell1972

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts