Silence Alpha TT-1

Revolutions

Still no launch date, but thought I'd start a little thread as I know a few people on here came away from the Bristol Hifi show with a positive impression.

Looks amazing if it launches at the proposed £999 price.

Couldn't find much information online so I contacted the company to ask about launch date: "At the moment we are searching for distributors all over the world to start first batch production. So, product is still not available before all final agreements with distributors. More informations we will have after Munich HI-FI show."

main-bg-tt.74bb259462866da3bbe4.jpg

Reactions: martois

Stevereds

May 27, 2024
Visit site
I saw this at the Munich Show and the fine engineering in all the key aspects is absolutely ridiculous for the money! I will be importing and distributing them into NZ when they kick into full production in about 4 months. Here is Michael Fremer's report.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPho-aBxlBk&ab_channel=THEABSOLUTESOUND
The 5 minute interview starts at 15.03 into the video. Michael cannot quite believe how much "value for money" they are offering.....gonna be causing some ruffles I reckon. The beautifully engineered carbon fibre tonearm looks like 2000 Euro just by itself!

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

I saw this at the Munich Show and the fine engineering in all the key aspects is absolutely ridiculous for the money! I will be importing and distributing them into NZ when they kick into full production in about 4 months. Here is Michael Fremer's report.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPho-aBxlBk&ab_channel=THEABSOLUTESOUND
The 5 minute interview starts at 15.03 into the video. Michael cannot quite believe how much "value for money" they are offering.....gonna be causing some ruffles I reckon. The beautifully engineered carbon fibre tonearm looks like 2000 Euro just by itself!
Awesome, thank you 🙏

This really does sound like an incredible piece of equipment, and that price point is insane. I wonder how much more it will creep up by the time it’s released. (Already added €250 since the Bristol show.) either way, excited to try it out 😃

Stevereds

May 27, 2024
Visit site
Basically the first 1000 units will be retailing for the introductory 1250 EURO price. Then after that, the retail price will settle at 1999 EURO. All these prices depend on other costs and the shipping to NZ will make it slightly higher here but still massive value for money.

I think we had another thread about this, because that was the one with the Audio Technica 3600, the carbon shank with conical stylus. Very modest, but fine as a starter.

It’s their own arm iirc, but it looked very decent.

EDIT, link to other thread…https://forums.whathifi.com/threads/new-rega-mm-cartridge-coming.131651/post-1323764
Yes, I recall that one. It's just that their main blurb with pricing only mentioned the turntable itself which makes me wonder whether tonearm and cartridge might be extra

Yes, I recall that one. It's just that their main blurb with pricing only mentioned the turntable itself which makes me wonder whether tonearm and cartridge might be extra
Ah, I see. All I can add is that the price for the ‘bundle’ was £999 at the Bristol Show, but it looks like that if I’d stumped up I might still be waiting. I’ve a hunch it was a prototype and they were looking for public reaction and dealer/importer arrangements.

I recognise the challenge of launching something like this as the volume of production is very tricky to get right.

Reactions: Al ears

Revolutions

Pe-order...
Available late summer.
Still looks to be a good deal, however it doesn't give any details as to which tonearm or cartridge will be fitted.
I wouldn’t be expecting an on-time launch, but a very good point at the lack of detail on arm & cart. I might email the silence guys & ask what the current plan is.

MCRU

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
The tonearm is a unpivot design, I will post more details asap. The cartridge is there to offer plug and play, fitting a better cartridge would improve things.

MCRU

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
Still no launch date, but thought I'd start a little thread as I know a few people on here came away from the Bristol Hifi show with a positive impression.

Looks amazing if it launches at the proposed £999 price.

Couldn't find much information online so I contacted the company to ask about launch date: "At the moment we are searching for distributors all over the world to start first batch production. So, product is still not available before all final agreements with distributors. More informations we will have after Munich HI-FI show."

main-bg-tt.74bb259462866da3bbe4.jpg
The production of the first 1000 units will begin shortly, the plan is to make the first 1000 at the introductory price of £999, complete turntable with arm and cartridge included. The spec is un-beatable at this price point, a linear power supply included!

MCRU

Jun 10, 2024
Visit site
A few images to look at for anyone that is interested.
As a dealer can we assume you will be stocking these?
I was asked by a member to join and post more details on this as a link to my website appears in a post on the forum about it, I won't be promoting it as that is against forum rules, simply putting information on about it as asked for by 2 forum members. MCRU is the official agent for Silence in the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts