Shure SE110 - £24.99

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
andyb190:
professorhat:
You do know there is an extension lead in the carry case don't you?

Yes Prof. The 1st thing I do is look through everything to make sure it's all there. 'Extension' - it extends it but only to the length where one would have to sit on a home system to use them.

Well, in-ear phones are really designed for people on the move with iPods and the like. I know they're very good for this but I'm surprised you want to use them at home. I would have thought you could get a pair of on ear phones for around the same price that would make mincemeat of the Shures... (just thinking from a very "Physics" point of view)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well indeed - although the Shures are superb (as they should be, being current WHF Award winners!), they're definitely designed with portability in mind.

If you take the standard price of the Shures (they launched at £80; typically sell for £50), something like the Grado SR60s would be a far more sophisticated home hi-fi listen for the same amount.

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Lewis - really good spot. My old Sennheiser CX-300 were starting to get a bit old and every girl knows that black is the new white!

A

Anonymous

Mine came in white like some other people's have but, I'm not too bothered to be honest. They sound superb!

A

Anonymous

Cheers Lewis!

Got mine up today (29.99) and after playing around with the various earbud options (large bud in right ear and a medium in the left) they sound tops!

Bloomin' glad I didn't pay either £80 or £50 for them!!

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Lewis

Got mine yesterday in black at £29.99. Still using my What Hifi subscription Goldrings! but will have a listen to the Shures at the weekend. Great bargain. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I just got mine. The sound quality is very good and unlike alot of headphones they are well constructed and do not have really thin cables like most do. But one thing I really don't like is the extension cable which I feel is unnecessary. I would much prefer just one length of cable. The plug and socket make the cable much bulkier than it needs ot be. Also I would have liked a smaller jack.

Personally, I wouldn't have paid £80 or £50 for that matter.

A

Anonymous

Wavey Davey:

Got mine up today (29.99) and after playing around with the various earbud options (large bud in right ear and a medium in the left) they sound tops!

Dude what sort of freak of nature are you?! You have different size earlobes?!

A

Anonymous

After a few days I went back to trying the same size in both ears, so maybe I'm only a part-time freak!

Can't believe how poor they sound if you're using the wrong sized buds and how good they are if you do.

A

Anonymous

Wavey Davey:

After a few days I went back to trying the same size in both ears, so maybe I'm only a part-time freak!

Can't believe how poor they sound if you're using the wrong sized buds and how good they are if you do.

Are you using the foam ones or the other ones? I've only tried the large foam ones. Might have to experiment a little

A

Anonymous

I found that the squidgy foam buds seemed really good at attracting gunk (either from my lugs or from anywhere else - hazard of being a tramp I suppose) so went for the silicon domes. Just make sure you push them right to the back of the 'stems' on each bud.

A

Anonymous

I found the medium sized foam ones stay in my ears best. The large foam ones weren't too bad either, but the smooth plasticky ones just fall out.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The fact that the Shures come with such a wide selection of ear-fittings is why we made them an Award winner - everyone's lugs are different, after all....

Another fitting tip is to loop the cable around your ear before inserting them - so the earbuds aren't being dragged down/out by the pressure/weight of the whole cable.

The company handily has a whole section on its website dedicated to how to wear Shure headphones....

Messiah

Clare Newsome:
The fact that the Shures come with such a wide selection of ear-fittings is why we made them an Award winner - everyone's lugs are different, after all....

Surely it would have been for their sound quality..
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

hi guys,

Just wondering, the code that Lewis201 gave at the beginning of the thread (many thanks by the way), how is that entered into the code area on Play? its a 4 box voucher code, so do you just type in PLASHUX08 and let it do it for you? if so i fear its expired.

Thanks all.

Alex

A

Anonymous

you can now purchase the white earphones using PLASE110X at play.com £24.99 available until 31st dec 2008

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Get in!!!! Just got these white ones for a Christmas present as I've been so impressed with the SE110. The level of detail & bottom end is amazing - it really makes my commute bearable. Takes a bit of getting used to though (as foam buds slowly expands in your ear) and the sound isolation means I need to pay attention when crossing the roads in London ; ))

A

Anonymous

Hmmmmm.... Telling me it has expired, but may be due to me having used it once?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts