Should replace AMP electrolyte capacitors atfer 18 years ?

arigo saki

Nov 27, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
Should i replace my NAD320BEE AMP capacitors after 18 working years ? it still working but i heard many times that electrolyte capacitors loosing their power (getting dry actually) and it influence the sound. Please don't ask me if the sound got worse over the years cause i really cant tell, i just not so happy with the sound generally.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
Should i replace my NAD320BEE AMP capacitors after 18 working years ? it still working but i heard many times that electrolyte capacitors loosing their power (getting dry actually) and it influence the sound. Please don't ask me if the sound got worse over the years cause i really cant tell, i just not so happy with the sound generally.
Bought my Cyrus One in 1991 and still sounds good compared with my 4 year old Onyko. The only time I removed the lid was to give the selector switch a dose of switch cleaner.

Gray

Bought my Cyrus One in 1991
That's doing well. You've got another 11 years on my 20 year old Cyrus 8 - which has had no maintenance whatsoever (v/c never needs spraying).

I did change the electrolytic caps in a Quad FM4 tuner though. Noticed they were leaking when I changed the backup battery. (No noticeable effect to sound before or after replacements though).

You're probably OK to leave yours Arigo....unless you fancy changing them.
Of course, if you're going to bother, make sure they're the same capacitance value and the same (or higher) working voltage and at least as good quality as you currently have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts