Question Should I wait 2021 TVs for optimal use with next generation consoles?

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I am asking for some advice in view of the purchase of my first audio-video system, to be used above all for movies and video games.

The audio part will be composed of the upcoming Denon AVC-X3700H with 5.1.2 Atmos system consisting of Elac Debut 2.0 or Dali Oberon.

For the TV, the budget will be 3500 euros, so I can choose between a 65 "high-end OLED / QLED, or a 75" Full Array LED / QLED.

I wonder if it makes sense to wait for the 2021 models, in view of use with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
I imagine that in a year the HDMI 2.1 standard will be more widespread and therefore there will be more choice. (And maybe HDMI 2.1 will appear on the new Sony Master Series, possibly alongside a successor for the X1 Ultimate processor.)
And maybe in 2021 we will see the first Samsung TVs with the new QD-OLED technology.

Or should I better stop waiting and start now to properly enjoy movies and video games, without waiting for another year?

Among the 2020 models, I am currently considering these:

LG OLED65CX6LA
Samsung QE65Q90TATXXU
Samsung QE75Q90TATXXU
Samsung QE75Q80TATXXU
Sony KD-75XH9005

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

D

Deleted member 2457

I don’t know where about you are quoting in euros but do they still sell the Samsung Q950R? Because that would give you 8K for gaming and HDMI 2.1 the TV is also a corker. It might be quite cheap too being a 2019 model.

D

Deleted member 2457

For example here is the 55-inch in Euros at a good price:

You could look to see if they do the 65-inch or 75-inch somewhere.

D

Deleted member 2457

I suppose it depends what features you want eg FPS or 8K etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

You need to check which TV will do FPS to 120hz which will be key for your gaming too.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts