Should I switch to BT tv?

THXMovieman

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, All

Im toying with the idea of switching from Sky to BT tv. But I've never seen BT tv in action. Is the tv box/software any good? I have BT broadband so I thought i could save so money by getting BT tv but unsure if I should. Has anyone got BT tv? I would like to know what you think of it.

jjbomber

THXMovieman said:
Hi, All

Im toying with the idea of switching from Sky to BT tv. But I've never seen BT tv in action. Is the tv box/software any good? I have BT broadband so I thought i could save so money by getting BT tv but unsure if I should. Has anyone got BT tv? I would like to know what you think of it.

The best idea is to go to BT via the Quidco page. That offers £90 cashback on BT TV. Work out how much BT TV costs per month, less the £7.50 per month (£90) cashback. Now phone Sky and say you are can celling as BT Tv is £x. You give 31 days notice. Around about day 4 Sky winback team will phone with a super duper offer to stay.

Much as what people hate Sky due to the cost, they are the best. It is just an arm wrestle to pay as little as possible. half price is the normal offer for those who are about to leave.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I suppose it all depends on how you use it. There seems to be several different places you get content. Its not as slick as Sky but for me its a hell of lot cheaper, I dont really watch Sky channels. Broadband is better.

THXMovieman

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks JJbomber for your reply.

Sounds like a plan. I think I might give that ago. That will save me alot of money. Im sport mad so thats why Im with sky. BT are getting there with the sport channels but I cant get all the sky sports channels. I like the fact BT have a 4k sports channel now but I would have to sign up to now tv for all the skysports channels and thats £32 a month which is so much. I wonder when sky will bring out there 4k sports channel out?

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Anyone watching on BT Sport Ultra HD? And has anyone noticed a drop in quality on BT Sport HD? Some people seem to be complaining of one but looks OK to me...

Sky's 4K box will be "when it's ready", is Sky's stock response. Be surprised if they don't want it out sooner rather than later, purely for keeping up appearances.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts