Should I switch from a digital (Sonos) setup to an analog one?

mh210

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
My home theater setup is currently two Sonos Ones in stereo plus a playbar. I want to add a sub but with an $800 price tag it’s making me question whether I should switch to an analog setup. Comes down to, can a decked out Sonos setup meet the sound quality of an analog one?

It would depend on a number of factors. You will struggle to match Sonos with $800 budget (unless you plan to sell your Sonos).

I have a 7.1.4 setup with Monitor Audio speakers and Denon AV receiver in my house. I also have a Sonos Arc with 2 X Sonos Ones and Sonos sub in my apartment and I don't really miss the setup in my house.

Reactions: plastic penguin
Concur with @bigboss for 800 Dollars, no a all analogue set-up will cost more to significantly Improve on the Sonus.

A while back heard a friend of the family's all Sonus kit. I would guess you'll need to look closer to 2k to better the Sonus. I would only change it if vinyl was my main source of music playback.
However, it would be good for the OP to demo a analogue set-up for around $800. But my hunch is the Sonus would be better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts