Should I splash out, or be sensible?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
But Shirley I've mentioned the sauce?
emotion-7.gif

Edit: Actually you're right, I'll delete the post.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't presume to comment on the qualities of your various choices, but my vote is to splash out, if you can possibly afford it. Whenever I've compromised on a spend, be it car, house or hifi, I've lived to regret it.

John Duncan

[quote user="Miker"]
I wouldn't presume to comment on the qualities of your various choices, but my vote is to splash out, if you can possibly afford it. Whenever I've compromised on a spend, be it car, house or hifi, I've lived to regret it.
[/quote]

Agreed, and have ended up spending more than if I'd spent the bigger bucks in the first place. A stitch in time and all that.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
But if the OP thinks the cheaper option is more than adequate and he is being sensible instead of splashing out... I know what you mean though. Are the CM1s really worth the extra outlay to him?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Splash out. I've found out the hard way that if you settle for something, no matter how good that something is. The "What if's?" will eventually catch up with you and ultimately end up making you spend more in the long run.

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
So I settled for the 686's, and also treated myself to some QED silver anniversary xt as well. My initial instant reaction when I set it all up was - wow these sound good even straight out of the box. So far I'm very happy I made this choice. They sound better than I remembered to be honest. I'll let you know when I have a more detailed listen!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts