Should i run in my speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have purchased the Bowers and Wilkins 684 Home Theatre about 2 months ago. I have used it at not too loud volumes but i have read that you should run them in. I dont have a clue what this means or if i should have thought of this earlier as i am 2 months down the line, also what benefit does this have.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
'Running in' the speakers allows the drivers to loosen up a bit and work as the designer intended them to. Some speakers benefit more than others, but after two months usage your speakers should be fairly well 'run-in' already.

Some people like to leave new speakers on for a constant period of time, at moderate levels, simply to quicken up the process...ÿ

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Id expect them speakers to need at LEAST 100 hours 'running in' time before theyre at their peak. Make sure the standmounters are on solid stands and ALL speakers are solid (no wobble or movement)

A

Anonymous

You don't have to do anything to "run-in" speakers apart from play them. When they first leave the factory the speaker and driver, magnets and cones etc are all a little tight (a bit like a new car's engine). They just need to be played and after a while (50 to 100 hours) they will become looser and will sound more "comfortable" a little less forced. It's after this period that you should think about doing any resiting, re-adjusting if you need too.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There are various strategies for speeding up the 'running-in' process, but really I wouldn't bother. You won't do any damage by just using the system normally - just have a close listen and a bit of a tweak of the settings and positions if you wish after you've been using it for a month or so.

A

Anonymous

They told me that a Pioneer SC-LX81 was a five star product - things change across the board.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts