Should i Replace pioneer bd51 with Sony s550?

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
A couple of months ago i bought the Pioneer bd51 and at the time i was debating between that and the Sony s550.What i didnt realise at the time was that the Pioneer didnt do 720p and as my tv is hd ready i always preferred it to 1080i. Also the pioneer is very very sloooow with loading times especially blu. Ever since my purchase i keep looking at the sony and reading the reviews and am begining to think i made the wrong decision.Is the Pioneer that much of a superior product or would i not notice that much diference in picture quality between the two.Also i think the Sony is a far better looking machine.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Best result for me is to send a 1080p image from Blu-ray to my 768p TV. ÿDownscaling involves compressing an image from all-available information and is generally likely to be better than upscaling.

A

Anonymous

My TV is HD Ready too and I was able to output it to 1080i - no problem at all. Yes, I am talking about the Pioneer BD51 which i recently had.

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I cant use the 1080p option as my tv will only accept 1080i and i find 720p produces a more stable picture but like i said the pioneer doesn't have that option.Does anyone know whether 720p could be added in a future firmware upgrade? Also i have the latest v 1.25 but still find it very slow to load.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts