Should I keep CRT?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had been hoping to swap my 28" CRT for a 32" LCD but keep being told to keep my CRT for the forseeable future until LCD technology improves as there are still many 'flaws'. Is this good advice?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Depends what you want to do with the TV. If you're planning on running upscaled DVD or Sky HD, then you're not going to be able to do that with your CRT. And I reckon the latest 32in LCDs have got pretty special now, so you could upgrade with confidence you really are upgrading and not sidegrading.

And yes, before Andy C or Clare mentions it - 32in Supertest in October WHFSV, on sale next Thursday, the 23rd.

I thank you...

A

Anonymous

I had a Panasonic 28" CRT prior to my Sony Bravia 32 inch LCD, and the difference is clear to see, even on freeview. My LCD is not 1080p capable but, as I have already said, there is a difference.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ever so much both!

I had got myself all ready to treat myself to an LCD and then the 'anti-LCD' brigade got to me!!!

Will check out the Supertest thanks!

Andrew you recommended the Toshiba SD-370E but have read a lot of reports, on Amazon, of this 'sticking'?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts