Should I empty my spin clean rcm?

Rhbmcse

Feb 17, 2024
Visit site
As per the title. I've just cleaned literally 6 albums. Should I leave the fluid in which is apparently good for many more albums yet or empty the bath?

No such advice is given in the

Cheers instructions.

Any pointers? Will it shorten the life of the cleaning pads?

If so this seems a very inefficient way of cleaning vinyl!

Cheers.

Rob.

camcroft

I filter my water into a container and then I wash out the tank. I put the water back in and put the cover on till I use it again. I also add a bit more of the cleaning agent to the water. I try to clean as many records as possible before discarding the water.

Reactions: Rhbmcse

Rhbmcse

Feb 17, 2024
Visit site
Buy 2 what. Cleaners?
That seems expensive! To have one with just distilled water for rinsing. That aside, my pads within a month had shrunk to the degree that they no longer contact thinner vinyl at all! Hence the question as to whether I should empty it inbetween cleans.

camcroft

That seems expensive! To have one with just distilled water for rinsing. That aside, my pads within a month had shrunk to the degree that they no longer contact thinner vinyl at all! Hence the question as to whether I should empty it inbetween cleans.
Is yours a Spin Clean . There are others that look the same but cheaper. .Its strange that the pads have shrunk. I have cleaned my whole collection of records more than once and the pads are still fine. This is a picture of my pads in the tank with water that I have filtered clean. Hardly a gap to be seen.431647994_1101727610949229_4350592534867260766_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

daytona600

Belt & Braces - Wash & Rinse records/car/dishes if you do not rinse you will be leaving Residue
You can buy spare brushes if required for Spin Clean
cdb800wh_n_l.jpg

camcroft

Belt & Braces - Wash & Rinse records/car/dishes if you do not rinse you will be leaving Residue
You can buy spare brushes if required for Spin Clean
View attachment 6345
The cloths provided with the Spin Clean are excellent and absorb really well .My records have got no sign of any residue at all. My stylus never has a build up on it. My cleaning regime is clean with Goats Hair brush leave to stand ( I have a record cleaning spray that I use ). Rinse and dry and then wash again in the cleaner and dry then I use new inner plastic liners.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts