Should get shipment on Tuesday!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been listening to my little boston stand mounters for the last month. Since I have no stands, they've been sitting on upside down laundry baskets. The baskets provide an excellent midrange although bass can be a little wooly. :) I sold my B&W CM7's on ebay more than a month ago. The bostons actually sound quite good. But I'll be happy to replace them on Tuesday with these....(hopefully they arrive undamaged...)

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thats ridiculous, you'll be getting them before me!
emotion-1.gif
I ordered mine a month ago and was told there would be a delay as they were out of wenge cabinets. What finish did you go for? Let us know how you get on with them, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You are going to use £1900 speakers with a C355BEE? (Going by your 'signature')

Good man!

I am assuming either (a) you have another 'shipment' coming soon or (b) the C355BEE is THAT good.

(A recent phone conversation with another traditional British speaker manufacturer suprised me when the designer suggested a 25watt per channel valve amp or a NAD C320BEE or a pre-TAG Audiolab 8000A. He also informed me that he demo's at the factory with an old 40watt per channel Denon integrated with very satisfying results!)

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
jubair:Thats ridiculous, you'll be getting them before me!
emotion-1.gif
I ordered mine a month ago and was told there would be a delay as they were out of wenge cabinets. What finish did you go for? Let us know how you get on with them, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I've been waiting 6 weeks. Mine are the Cherry finish. I really wanted black, but it seems the distributor is only bringing cherry and wenge over to the states. So I went with Cherry. All the finishes are very nice.

I'll post pictures and comments after a few days with them. I can't do long listening sessions right now since I'm busy with a 1 year old and a 2 year old. So I get 20 minutes here, 15 minutes there...

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Yeah they have a beautiful understated design. I'm hoping to get mine at the end of this week, so probably won't be leaving the flat at all next weekend if they arrive. I think both the A5 and A6 have been selling really well after the excellent reviews they got in what hi-fi and hifi plus. Probably why there is a delay in getting them.

Actually Chebby, sorry it's my mistake, those are £1900. I thought they were A5's but they are A6's in that pic.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
chebby:

You are going to use £1900 speakers with a C355BEE? (Going by your 'signature')

Good man!

I am assuming either (a) you have another 'shipment' coming soon or (b) the C355BEE is THAT good.

(

Well, the C355bee is very good. I'm not saying it's in the same league with the spendors, but I don't think it's a crazy pairing. I am upgrading my CD player to the NAD C565bee which should be a class act.

At the very least, this will be my system until next March. March is bonus time where I work so I won't be considering any more big purchases until next go round.

I love my NAD equipment, but I have looked at this as a possible replacement (primare I30)...

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I've heard the spendors do like plenty of power. I'm thinking of maybe upgrading my amp as well to something more powerful such as the krell s300i maybe some time next year. It's got power to burn, plus you can charge and control your ipod with the remote when it's connected to the amp with the supplied cable. It might be hard to audition them with the spendors tho as we don't have many krell dealers in the uk.

A

Anonymous

I enjoy the A-line by Spendor.

The A5 impressed me the most, I think, relative to the predecessors.

I am attracted to the A6 in Walnut but probably won't buy.

Have you heard the NAD CD player? I like their amp's but the S500 CD player I owned was quickly resold.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
You and I think alike. A couple months ago I tore out a review for the krell s300i from a mag and pinned it up. The reviewer raved about it and it's so reasonably priced for a Krell. I haven't heard a Krell amp since the late 90's so I have no idea how it compares, but it sure looks pretty. Also, that's one brand that I can get cheaper over here...

There is a rotel dealer near me, but they don't have any big integrated amps. I would want more than 60 watts if I ever do upgrade.

Truthfully, I like my NAD equipment so much I doubt I will be switching anytime soon. Lots of people "upgrade" and are less happy afterwards. Risky business if you really like what you have...

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Eddie Pound:

Have you heard the NAD CD player? I like their amp's but the S500 CD player I owned was quickly resold.

I have owned the new C545bee for about 2 months now and in my amatuer opinion, it is something special. I like my amp before, but the 545 changed everything. I know it's overused expression, but it really did make my old music sound new.

The 545 recently got a 5 star review from WHF.

I have not heard the 565 which I am upgrading to. If I don't like it at least as much, I will switch back to the 545. I'm only upgrading because of the digital inputs (USB and optical). But the C565bee does boast some great technology. Dual wolfson DACS and upsampling. Also, it has a user selectable digital filter so you can tune roll off to your tastes. This appeals to me.

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I agree completely, no point upgrading unless your going to get an improvement thats going to justify the expenditure. The krell s300i is pretty expensive here, I'll probably look out for an ex-demo model and see if I can get one at a discount. It seems to be getting good reviews and the kav 400xi it's replacing was also vey well thought of. It also looks pretty special. I want something with a lot of power so I don't have to worry about matching speakers too much in the future. It also seems tailored to my needs as I only use a cd player and ipod as sources.

A

Anonymous

For the CD player, try the Rega Apollo. It's terrific, especially at the price.

Won't argue about the NAD amplification though - I'm using a NAD C320BEE for my Minimas.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Tarquinh:

For the CD player, try the Rega Apollo. It's terrific, especially at the price.

Won't argue about the NAD amplification though - I'm using a NAD C320BEE for my Minimas.

The Rega is about the same price as the new NAD C565bee so it would definately be one to consider if the NAD does not work out. I'm not really crazy about the top loading mechanism though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts