Sharkwires?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know anything about these speaker cables, I've been told by colleagues; who are also HiFi buffs (Audiophiles to the purists out there) that these are fairly good. I know that Mark Grant Cables are releasing some of their own cables soon (which I may hold on until they arrive), but I'd like some feed back as I need to do some rewiring fairly soon.

I'm not a supporter of the over priced cable companies who spend more on how they look than how they sound, honest feedback would and is appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Sorry not heard of them.

You won't be the first to mention the 'over-priced' companies etc and if you mean Russ Andrews - all I can say is that a friend of mine bought some cheaper cables - after trying RA stuff and finding it works .... thought he could apply the principal of improved mains from cheaper alternatives. Yes they made a difference and he brought it over for me to hear ..... only my RA ones did outperform them - sorry I don't remember which brand those ones were.

Sometimes it's possible that brands such as that get a following for a reason - because they do what they say - that's my experience anyhow - again I must confess I have not bothered trying too many other brands, since I like what they do and their upgrade path is oh-so useful, meaning I don't waste money when I upgrade down the line. I did end up applying the same methodology in getting my Gutwire cables - as the shop allowed me the same upgrade path - otherwise I may not have ended up with such nice ones!

idc

Hi Lambechop. A search of the forums finds no mention elsewhere of Sharkwire. This will now be a case of you trying them and posting your results! You never know, you may start a new craze, the most recent being for Silver High Breed cables.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the replies. I've been told that they are available from Maplin, so I think I'll give them a miss.

idc

Maplin has a good reputation as an alternative source. They helped me out with a PSU problem and I noticed that they sell Tacima which have a very good reputation. Didn't notice any Sharkwires though.

A

Anonymous

I've been and had a look, it's mainly speaker cables, multi-stranded stuff, it looks very well made and reasonably cheaply priced.

A

Anonymous

think i used shark cables & terminals from maplins many years ago in a car stereo install with a mix of rockford fosgate & alpine stuff. they seem more than up to the job & never seemed a big drop off in quality to my rockford cables that were a hell of a lot more expensive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts