Setting up new home cinema room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all.

Already have:

A Panasonic TH46PZ81B and a Sony BDP S550 blue ray player.

I want to setup a 7.1 system and I'm thinking of getting:

Sony STR DA2400ES amp and Monitor Audio R90 HD10 surround package plus a pair of R180s for the fronts.

I'm happy that picture image will be fantastic but can anyone tell me if this is a good match of amp to speakers.

Also, what will be the best visual and audio cable setup between the player and the amp - simply one HDMI cable for everything???

Mostly watch TV and Movies but enjoy listening to ocassional bit of music.

Thanks

dusty545

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't comment on how well the MAs would match with the receiver but I would ask if you really want to have a 7.1 set up. There are so few disks around that have that support more than 5.1 and the extra speakers could always be added at a later stage if the 7.1 format becomes more popular.

And you'll need a couple of HDMI cables. One from the Blu Ray to your receiver and another to connect the receiver to the screen. Don't skimp on quality for the HDMI cables either... in the end, you'll regret it.

I did!

Have a listen at the Sony receiver. Yamaha receivers usually pair well with Monitor Audio speakers, as my setup currently is. I haven't heard the Sony.

Don't worry too much about HDMI cables. This is an excellent cable. I can't notice any difference between it & my more expensive cables.

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I used the same Sony amp and Monitor audio speakers but soon tired of the combo. I found the Sony did a much better job with the B&W LM1 speaker package.

Best advice is to try before you buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts