Setting up a 5.1 surround sound system but need small speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have about £1000 to spend on an amplifier and speakers. I'm probably going for the Denon 1910 but need a recommendation on a small speaker package. I'm looking for something smaller than the Q-Acoustics.

The Energy RC-Micro speakers look ideal but I can't find any UK seller

Any thoughts much appreciated

Thanks

Simon

A

Anonymous

So, minus the amp, which is about £400.00, you have £600.00 left for speakers. What about speaker cables, hdmi cables, mains cables - is this included?

That doesn't leave very much for a style speaker package, really - except for the JAMO A102 HCS5, a fantastic product for under £300.00. Small and discreet too, with a great sub-woofer.

This is a highly regarded speaker package and is considered the best option under £500.00 by WHF.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

I wasn't including cables etc. So yes about 500-600 on speakers

Thanks for your suggestion

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi There

Check out monitor audio's website they have a range of Radius HD speakers. I have the previous models (not really convinced that there's much difference - the specs are the same.....) & i am very happy with mine, but i do have the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2's as front mains as the Radius 45 for instance is only about 10cm squared so very discreet but very good quality. Worth a look for surrounds. then the R180 as a centre & them some nice larger types for the fronts.

* edit to say - MA speakers are quite "bright" im informed - i just think they are very clear & crisp - but they are very well matched to Yamaha (warm sounding) amps - try before you by anything though (if poss!)

A

Anonymous

I agree with tj27, a monitor audio mix on the older radius range might suite.

Something like R45 surrounds, with a R270/260 subwoofer and R180/225 fronts can be had in your price range from somewher like www.petertyson.co.uk at the moment.

Also their new Vector setup id about £580.00 and recently got a good review, and I think they are slightly smaller that the Q-Acoustics, but with a dedicated centre channel.

Good luck.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
You have a few options here i would look at the Onkyo 607 , Denon 1910, and the Yamaha 765 now around £350. For speakers ive got the Quad-Lite package and you can get the Quad-Lite mk11 for £699, other speakers would be the MA Vectors, Kef 2003.5, or Tannoy Arena-lite for £399, but will need standmounts and grilles for them but should still be in your price range

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts