rhamilto

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Hello. Going a bit "post-crazy" here. Asking questions that have been gnawing away at me for a long time.

I'm really interested in hearing how people think the best way is to set up my system:

TV = Hitachi 42PD7500

Sky+

DVD HDD Recorder = Panasonic DMR-85E 80GB

Xbox (Not 360) = takes up a scart socket.

...I've got some decent Scart cables, and a pretty decent composite cable; plus some reasonable UHF cables to connect from the roof aerial.

Please advise how you would best set up to get the best picture and sound from this set up. Incidentally, I never really use the Xbox, unsurprisingly.

A

Anonymous

I'd connect the DVD to the TV with component cables (not composite) and SKY/XBOX with SCART cables.

rhamilto

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply rewerb.

I DID mean component cable (the three-pronged connectors in red, green and yellow).

Currently I am set up as follows (this is from memory so may not be 100% accurate!):

[*]UHF (roof) aerial into sky+ box "UHF Aerial In" via gold-plated Cambridge Audio cabling for minimum fuzz.
[*]Sky+ "UHF Aerial Out" into Panasonic DMR-85E "aerial in" via another gold plated Cambridge Audio cabling for minimum fuzz.
[*]Sky+ "OUT" goes to Panasonic DMR-85E "Recording Input" signals via silver Ixos Scart cabling (probably mid-range).
[*]Panasonic DMR-85E going out into the plasma telly via component cable.
[*]Sky+ box into plasma via silver Ixos scart cabling.

Sound any good? Any glaring errors in that? Any recommendations?

Sk

A

Anonymous

sounds excellent. Minor point: You probably dont need to route the aerial cable through the SKY box. Connect roof aerial direct to DVD aerial in and then on to the TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts