Question Set up help needed, newbie alert !!

atderby77

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
Afternoon, I need help, total newbie here with zero knowledge of how these things work so need a bit of guidance and advice. Recently discovered a shed load of vinyl in my mums loft so I'd obvs like to go through them, however I have no kit, I have been gifted the following kit (see pics) advice needed on what else I need to set up a basic system to start

Denon PMA 3535RDenon PMA 535R back.jpgDenon PMA 535R front.jpg

Sony PS LX 300usb
sony ps lx 300 usb front.jpgsony ps lx 300 usb back.jpg

many thanks in advance................and please be gentle !!!

Attachments

• sony ps lx 300 usb front.jpg
    sony ps lx 300 usb front.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 4

Gray

Afternoon, I need help, total newbie here with zero knowledge of how these things work so need a bit of guidance and advice. Recently discovered a shed load of vinyl in my mums loft so I'd obvs like to go through them, however I have no kit, I have been gifted the following kit (see pics) advice needed on what else I need to set up a basic system to start

Denon PMA 3535RView attachment 4633View attachment 4635

Sony PS LX 300usb
View attachment 4636View attachment 4637

many thanks in advance................and please be gentle !!!
If all is working, then all you need is a pair of speakers.
The turntable plugs into the 'phono' input on the amplifier.
Check the condition of the stylus before playing any vinyl.
(As well as the condition of the vinyl itself).

Reactions: WayneKerr

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Start here with the turntable instructions:

Can't tell from the pics what is going on with the Phono inputs on the Amp as they look darker than the other connections? The turntable has a built-in Phono stage so if can be connected to the Aux Input on the Amp of switched to Line on the back of the unit.

Test the TT first to see if it turns as it should. If it does, then get some speakers and hook those up. Play a record to see if things work. Then start to clean things. Get a record brush and a stylus brush. Thakker make decent quality stuff. You might need a new stylus depending on the life it has lead to this point.

Attachments

• at6011a_01.jpg
    at6011a_01.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pro-ject-clean-it-carbon-fibre-stylus-cleaning-brush-(3)-21946-p.jpg
    pro-ject-clean-it-carbon-fibre-stylus-cleaning-brush-(3)-21946-p.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Gray and WayneKerr

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Regarding speakers, you can buy a pair of Dali Spektor 1s if you want a 4" inch speaker pair due to size considerations. There are the exception I am aware of among 4" inch speakers that do not have bloated bass. Best to buy a pair of speakers with a 5" to 5 1/2" woofer cone which is the maximum for this amplifier. In both cases you can increase the bass through the tone controls.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts